Center for Workforce & Continuing Education

Industry Insight + Responsive Education


Q: What is The Center for Workforce & Continuing Education?
A: The Community Colleges of Spokane Center for Workforce & Continuing Education provides courses in business and professional development, computers and technology, certificate programs, health and medical, teacher education, and personal enrichment. CWCE also offers training to organizations around the Inland Northwest; customized to meet business needs, streamline processes, improve quality, and increase the bottom line.

Q: How do I register?
A:Once you have found classes that interest you, there are three ways to register:

1. Fill out our New Non-Credit Registration Request
Please note that you will not be confirmed as registered until payment information has been collected.

2.Complete the Noncredit Registration Form (PDF) and submit it via mail, fax, or email:
1810 N. Greene St. MS 2151,
Spokane, WA 99217

3. Call us directly for help with registration:
509-279-6030 (Noncredit Registration)
509-533-8483 (Continuing Education Program Coordinator)

Q: How do I request accomodations for a disability?
A: Community Colleges of Spokane has support service programs and centers for students who have documented disabilities and who are “otherwise qualified” for community college programs (as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act). Services may include academic, vocational and rehabilitation counseling and assistance with admission and registration.

Academic accommodations and adjustments are available based upon individually determined needs and may include interpreters, assistive learning devices and technology, note takers, readers, scribes, materials and textbooks in alternate format, large print or Braille materials, priority registration, alternate testing, information and referral services. Other specialized services may be arranged on an individual basis.

To receive services, students are required to contact and provide documentation of their disability to the Disability Support Services (DSS) office at SCC, SFCC or the IEL. All inquiries and requests for services are considered private.

For information:

509-533-7169 | TTY 509-533-8610

509-533-4166 | TTY 509-533-3838

Q: What is the withdrawal and refund policy?
A: Students are responsible for initiating the paperwork for withdrawal and refund requests. Please complete an Official Withdrawal Form and mail, fax or bring it to any CCS Continuing Education Office. A $7 processing fee is deducted from the refund amount. All refunds require at least two weeks for processing. The following policies apply whether a student attends class or not:

Student-funded classes

100 percent refund for classes and workshops cancelled by the college.
100 percent refund for student-initiated withdrawals three business days prior to the first day of class (including online classes) unless noted in class description.
No refund is granted two business days or less prior to the start of a class. A business day is 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
State-support credit and noncredit classes (designated by an asterisk * after the class title)

Q: How do I get a transcript?
A:Continuing education transcripts are available free of charge for noncredit seminars, classes and workshops. Please complete a noncredit transcript request and mail, fax or bring it to any CCS Continuing Education Office. For information, call SCC, 533-8010; SFCC, 533-3140; or IEL, 279-6004.