Dozens of hands-on activities in such fields as geology, anatomy, biology, chemistry and more will be available for exploring at the 5th annual open house of the science department at Spokane Community College from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23.
Plenty of free parking is available; all ages are welcome. The science department is located in Building 27 on the campus, 1810 N. Greene St.
The hands-on activities include:
- Observation, handling and examination of:
- Bones - real and plastic
- Microscopic animals
- Rocks, fossils, and crystals
- Dissected and preserved animal specimens – including hearts and sharks!
- Butterfly wings, shells, and other fascinations with microscopes
- Construction and launching of home-made water rockets
- Creation of colored fire; the northern lights in a bottle!
- Coloring and other science arts & crafts
- Demonstrations by SCC Allied Health Programs
- Determining the volume of your lungs
Contact: Lorraine Nelson, Communications, Community Colleges of Spokane, 509-434-5150, Lorraine.firstname.lastname@example.org