What kinds of services are provided?
Our centers provide eligible children with services that start before they are born with support for pregnant women so that they remain healthy and are prepared for the joys and challenges of parenthood.
We offer child development programs supporting infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. We know that it can be challenging to raise children in a family with limited financial resources. That's why our centers provide support for families, encourage parent involvement and coordinate child health care and nutrition.
Spokane Head Start/ECEAP/Early Head Start serves more than 1,600 children at over 30 child care centers in and around Spokane. Programs and services vary by age and site. For example:
- Free partial day for children ages 3 through pre-kindergarten
- Free partial day for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years
- Full day* for children ages 3 through pre-kindergarten
- Full day* for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years
We offer home-based options for families during pregnancy and those with infants and toddlers up to age 3.
* Fees are charged for some full-day programs, Working Connections Child Care subsidy is accepted.