Home : International Students : Current Students : Global Education Office : Global Education Office Services

Global Education Office Services


At Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS), the Global Education Office provides immigration advising services to all international students. Advisors are available usually by appointment or by walk-in. Always call ahead to find out when appointments are required by calling the reception desk at (509) 533-4113, for an appointment at SFCC, or (509) 533-8118 for the reception desk at Spokane Community College.

Please bring your CCS student ID card, or other valid picture ID, when you visit the Center.

We provide service to international students for all VISA related issues, including:

  • Transfer advising for incoming and outgoing students.
  • VISA issues related to application for enrollment
  • Issuance of I-20 and other required government forms
  • Coordination with US Government SEVIS officials
  • Student Advising related to maintenance of proper VISA status
  • Assistance to students in applying for Change of Status from other visas to an F-1 visa
  • Assistance to students in applying for Work Authorizations (CPT and OPT)

Counseling and Academic Advising

Counselors and advisors are available to assist students with a variety of concerns, including career exploration, choosing majors, cultural adjustment, as well as other issues, such as:

  • Helping students identify their academic and career goals and to choose the right program to meet those goals
  • Helping students adjust to life in Spokane. Counselors can help with cultural adjustment, homestay difficulties, chemical abuse problems, test anxiety, stress management, and more
  • Major life transitions such as divorce, marriage, death, and grief counseling
  • Academic problems such as time management, goal setting, and decision making
The Global Education Office can help direct students to the right programs available on campus and to counselors who can assist students in making the best possible decision regarding their educational plan. CCS academic advisors are professionals and have Master's degrees in counseling/guidance.

Contact the Program Coordinator at either Spokane Community College campus or Spokane Falls Community College campus to assist in any academic or personal advising issues.

Documents You Can Request

The Global Education Office can provide all the documents listed below on request. Please note that our office cannot provide copies or originals of transcripts or other documents that are in official student files.

Official transcripts for all CCS of classes you completed are available from the Transcript Office at SCC, http://www.scc.spokane.edu/?transcripts

and at SFCC, http://www.spokanefalls.edu/Admissions/OfficialTransRequest.aspx

Enrollment Letters
Enrollment letters confirm that a student is currently enrolled or was enrolled at CCS. We are able to list quarters a student attended, currently attending, and projected time of completion of a program or degree

Invitation Letter
The Global Education Office can provide a letter for a student's relatives who may want to visit them while the student is studying at CCS. Students' relatives may use the letter for their B1/B2 Visa interview at United States Embassy or Consulate in their home country.

Documents for Washington State ID/Driver's License

In order to obtain a Washington State ID or driver's license, students must prove that they reside in Washington State. According to the Department of Licensing, students who do not have Social Security Card Numbers can request SEVIS Letters to apply for the Washington State driver's license or Washington State ID card. These documents are only part of what students need in order to obtain a State ID or driver's license. Please look at "Spokane By Car" on the following webpage for steps in getting a driver's license or ID card:


Note: New students must wait until their record has been registered in SEVIS to request the SEVIS letter, usually after the 4th week of the first quarter. Remember that the SEVIS letter is only ONE of the options that the Department of Licensing will accept as proof of Washington residency.

Procedure for Requesting Documents

1. Submit a completed form to the Global Education Office in person or by email to trina.allen@ccs.spokane.edu. Forms are also available at SCC and SFCC Global Education Office.

2. Please allow at least 5 school days for letter requests.