How do I sign up for Running Start?
Because Running Start awards both college and HS credit simultaneously, you must complete both high school and college requirements.
1. Notify your public high school counselor of your interest in Running and complete a CCS Application for Admission, noting Running Start under "Major."
2. Obtain an official copy of your high school transcript and send it, along with your application and $25 application fee, to the college of your choice.
3. Complete our placement test requirements. The placement tests cost $30, which must be paid in advance.
4. Fill out a Running Start Enrollment Verification form with your high school counselor to see how many tuition-free college credits you are allowed.
5. Give your Enrollment Vertification Form to your college Running Start counselor.
6. Meet with your college Running Start counselor, then register for classes.
7. Purchase your books and course materials at the college bookstore or online before school starts.
SCC: 509-533-8215 or e-mail
SCC Colville Center: 509-685-2120 or e-mail
SCC Inchelium Center: 509-722-3702 or e-mail
SCC Ione Center: 509-422-4290 or e-mail
SCC Newport Center: 509-447-3835 or e-mail
SCC Republic Center: 509-775-3675 or e-mail
SFCC: 509-533-3524 or e-mail
SFCC Pullman Campus: 509-332-2706 or e-mail